Do you meditate? If not, why? Sometimes meditation can be intimidating or confusing. We break it down in hopes we can inspire you to add this amazing habit to your daily routine.
Both of us have been meditating regularly for two years now and we want to share what we have learned. It has been a major component in our paths out of depression and has directly shaped the way we look at life now and in the future.
More and more people are learning about meditation and it’s cousin “mindfulness.” We cover the basics of what meditation is and isn’t as well as how you can do it. We talk about some of the benefits we have experienced and also get into both the practical applications of meditation and the spiritual.
Some of the benefits we have seen after meditating for 2 years include:
- Depression is virtually completely gone
- Mindfulness lasts well beyond the meditation session
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Deeper intuition and ability to sense energies
- Increased ability to stay attentive for longer periods of time
- Appreciation for solitude and silence
- More equipped to overcome addictions and bad habits
- Mind-blowing spiritual or mystical experiences
- Dramatically increased awareness of mind, body, and spirit
- Realization of how thoughts form and manifest in reality
- Ability to stay calm and centered during high stress events
We couldn’t forget to share what books, podcasts, and apps have helped us out the most. So make sure you listen for that!
Please share with us your thoughts on meditation in the comments below.
Read on for the show notes.